Pages

* * *

Welcome to

CHERRY LANE LABRADOODLES

Visit us often to stay updated on the latest puppy happenings!

* * *

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sad update....

I am heartbroken to report that we lost one of Millie's boys. He was very tiny and weak right from the start--4 ounces smaller than the bigger puppies. In spite of our best efforts to help him keep warm and tube feeding him, he just continued to weaken. After doing mouth-to-mouth for an hour, he still just had a slow, weak, irregular heart beat and only infrequent, gasping, agonal breaths, so I finally just let him be. He was gone in minutes. This is a sad day for us--so difficult to lose any precious creature of God's. But we are grateful for the six beautiful puppies that Millie has left. She is being a great mama. One other puppy in the litter is small--but she is a fighter. She gets right in there with her bigger litter mates and fights for her meal! I'll supplement her a little bit until she catches up, but the litter is doing well. I'll post more pics after I take a little nap....

1 comment:

Gayle Matloff said...

Oh Kathy I am so sad, that is really a hard thing. He is in a better place where he won't be sick. I am very sorry.